Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Biden now calling for Israel to pause???
(11-16-2023, 07:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: They speak for a sizeable chunk of it.  
This has been addressed.  There is no solution to this that will appease the religious fanatics on both sides.  You're momentously naïve to think otherwise.

Oooo, a nice little low blow there from the supposed intellectual who is above that sort of attack.  I don't prioritize Jews over Palestinian lives.  What I do recognize is the deliberate rape, kidnapping and murder of civilians is markedly different from civilian casualties occurring during an armed conflict.  Just as the US tries and does not always succeed to reduce civilian casualties, the same can be said for Israel.  Again, a difference with the terrorists being that they actually try.  Also, embedding your forces in civilian areas and sensitive locations intentionally will rather exacerbate this.  As for Iran no longer mattering, again childish levels of naivete from you.  Iran will one day acquire a nuclear weapon and they are a genocidal, theocratic, radical Islamic terror state.  To say they will no longer matter is the height of stupidity.  Oh, and do spare us the "they'll only get nukes because of Trump" BS.  They're always going to try and acquire them, no amount of deal making will change that.

"Us" lol.  

Let me rephrase--You recognize Israel's right to Palestinian land, and Israel's right to defend itself if Palestinians resist the dispossession, 
and under that basic framework you prioritize recognition of Hamas murder of Israeli civilians over Israeli murder of Palestinian civilians.
Anyone who isn't excusing Israel is excusing Hamas.

The bolded suggests most of what you know about the current conflict comes from the IDF and US government, filtered through US news
commentators. Not sure you got that masterful intel assessment of Iran from the MSM though. The five Fox adjectives + "the left is
naive" formula. 

Solutions don't always have to "appease fanatics." But to see that you have to understand 
     1) what causes "fanatics" (I've given you a start on that in post #106, which you've certainly not "addressed"), and
     2) a lot more of the political diversity and infrastructure of the ME. It's not a landscape of comic book villains.  

That means at some point going beyond the ethnocentric and ideological framing of corporate news and into the economic 
and cultural as well as political history of the region. It means setting your five adjectives aside to look and learn first. 
It means not actively blocking and dodging information which conflicts with the aforementioned framing. All that takes work.

No motivation to do any of that if you always already know what "Muslims" are like and that IDF guy on the news always confirms it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden now calling for Israel to pause??? - Dill - 11-18-2023, 04:01 AM