Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament
(11-18-2023, 10:50 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I dont think we need another flashy skill player until we get that mess of a line in order.  

Probably not, but I think Tee is a goner.  Possibly this offseason.  Harrison is likely a non-conversation.  We could still back into a couple of wins this year unless they do a literal tank.  I still don't think they'll be top 5 pick bad.  Possible but not likely.  

If they target an offensive weapon, IMO it should be Bowers.  Better chance of actually getting him.  On top of that, you gain the advantage that KC has with Kelce being their number one weapon.  Top TEs make nowhere near what top receivers make, and you could have elite offensive firepower at a discount for a decade.  

I also believe that certain TEs add dimensions to offenses that almost no other player can.  Bowers could be one of these players.  

I agree with you about the line, but the organization has still failed to show that they can draft OL with any success.  At this point, there's a great chance that you're just throwing away draft capital on OL.  They can't even back into a worthy first round OL.  It's pretty astonishing.  

Also, having this conversation before Thanksgiving is nauseating.

Interior DL is another option that I'd heavily consider.  I think the gradual replacement of the vert's on defense is going well.  The only think missing is interior DL to either replace Reader or bring in the top shelf under tackle that they've always lacked.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - samhain - 11-18-2023, 11:52 AM
Burrow out rest of the season - Trademark - 11-17-2023, 04:41 PM