Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Biden now calling for Israel to pause???
(11-18-2023, 04:01 AM)Dill Wrote: "Us" lol.

US, as in United States.  This topic has you really frazzled if that wasn't immediately obvious. 

Quote:Let me rephrase--You recognize Israel's right to Palestinian land, and Israel's right to defend itself if Palestinians resist the dispossession, 
and under that basic framework you prioritize recognition of Hamas murder of Israeli civilians over Israeli murder of Palestinian civilians.
Anyone who isn't excusing Israel is excusing Hamas.

I recognize Israel currently exists.  I have no control over things that happened well before I was born and, like everyone else, must deal with reality as it exists.  I don't prioritize anyone's murder of another's.  I recognize the difference between deliberately targeting civilians for murder, gang rape and kidnapping and the deaths of civilians that occur during a military campaign.  Especially a military campaign in which the other sides deliberately embeds itself and its assets in the civilian population in order to assure these casualties.  That is why one side is a military and the other is a terrorist organization whose stated objective is elimination of a entire nation and its peoples.

Quote:The bolded suggests most of what you know about the current conflict comes from the IDF and US government, filtered through US news
commentators. Not sure you got that masterful intel assessment of Iran from the MSM though. The five Fox adjectives + "the left is
naive" formula. 

I love your super concentrated smug posts, they always give me a giggle.  Iran will acquire a nuclear weapon because they are actively trying to doso and are receiving aid from those who possess them.  it is, sadly, only a matter of time.

Quote:Solutions don't always have to "appease fanatics." But to see that you have to understand 
     1) what causes "fanatics" (I've given you a start on that in post #106, which you've certainly not "addressed"), and
     2) a lot more of the political diversity and infrastructure of the ME. It's not a landscape of comic book villains.  

Yes, more smug, I must have more!  

Quote:That means at some point going beyond the ethnocentric and ideological framing of corporate news and into the economic 
and cultural as well as political history of the region. It means setting your five adjectives aside to look and learn first. 
It means not actively blocking and dodging information which conflicts with the aforementioned framing. All that takes work.

No motivation to do any of that if you always already know what "Muslims" are like and that IDF guy on the news always confirms it.

Yes, if only we were all as learned as you.  Then we could twist our minds into excusing mass rape, murder and kidnapping.  

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden now calling for Israel to pause??? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-18-2023, 02:01 PM