Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portnoy says he's suing the Bengals
(11-19-2023, 12:20 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Oh yeah because I don't even want to venture a guess how much football I've watched and I've never seen this happen. Very very common. 

I'm sorry I must be in one of the stages of grief. But I just don't personally think it looked bad. I mean if that what was indeed what caused this we may very well be in a lot of trouble. The Joe Burrow era out with blaphla.

FOOSH: What is It, FOOSH Injuries, Treatment and Prevention (webmd.com)

Quote:FOOSH accidents are the most common hand and wrist injuries.

FOOSH: The Most Common Hand Injuries Seen in the ER (advanceer.com)

Quote:FOOSH: THE MOST COMMON HAND INJURIES SEEN IN THE ER

Forearm Fracture Management in the ED: Practice Essentials, Epidemiology, Patient Education (medscape.com)

Quote:Fractures of both the radius and the ulna together are usually the result of a fall onto an outstretched hand (FOOSH) injury.

Metacarpal Fracture and Dislocation: Practice Essentials, Epidemiology, Functional Anatomy (medscape.com)

Quote:A direct fall onto the hand (FOOSH injury) while cycling, running, or skiing may also result in a fracture

Wrist Fractures and Dislocations: Background, Epidemiology, Etiology (medscape.com)

Quote:This is usually seen in a FOOSH type injury and is typically characterized by dorsiflexion and ulnar deviation.

Hand Dislocation: Background, Anatomy, Pathophysiology (medscape.com)

Quote:Dislocations of the MCP and basilar CMC joints occur most commonly with falls on the outstretched hand (so-called FOOSH injury) or the flexed supinated wrist. 

Elbow Dislocation Clinical Presentation: History, Physical Examination (medscape.com)

Quote:In posterior elbow dislocations, the patient often describes falling on an outstretched hand (ie, the FOOSH injury) as the mechanism of injury.

Acromioclavicular Joint Injury: Practice Essentials, Background, Anatomy (medscape.com)

Quote:A fall onto an outstretched hand (FOOSH injury) and a downward force on the upper extremity have also been implicated in acromioclavicular joint injuries.

Distal Radius Fracture (DRF) Imaging: Practice Essentials, Radiography, Computed Tomography (medscape.com)

Quote:It is usually caused by a fall onto an outstretched hand (FOOSH).

Clavicle Fractures: Practice Essentials, Background, Anatomy (medscape.com)

Quote:A less common mechanism for clavicle fractures is a fall onto an outstretched hand (ie, a FOOSH injury).

Wrist Dislocation in Sports Medicine: Practice Essentials, Etiology, Epidemiology (medscape.com)

Quote:The mechanism of injury for a wrist dislocation is usually a fall on an outstretched hand (ie, FOOSH injury) that results in a hyperextension type of injury to the wrist.

Scaphoid Injury: Practice Essentials, Pathophysiology, Epidemiology (medscape.com)

Quote:The usual mechanism of injury is a fall onto the outstretched hand (FOOSH) that results in forceful hyperextension of the wrist and impaction of the scaphoid against the dorsal rim of the radius. 

Scapholunate Torn Ligament | The Hand Society (assh.org)

Quote:A common cause is a fall onto the hand. Typically, the ligament is injured when the wrist is bent backward

TFCC Tear: Causes and Symptoms | The Hand Society (assh.org)

Quote:Tears from injury can come from: A fall on the hand or wrist

Have you heard of any of those?

Regardless of your feelings or experience level, FOOSH injuries are a very common mechanism of injury that results in numerous types of upper extremity injuries.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Portnoy says he's suing the Bengals - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-19-2023, 01:27 AM