Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portnoy says he's suing the Bengals
(11-19-2023, 01:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: FOOSH: What is It, FOOSH Injuries, Treatment and Prevention (webmd.com)

FOOSH: The Most Common Hand Injuries Seen in the ER (advanceer.com)

Forearm Fracture Management in the ED: Practice Essentials, Epidemiology, Patient Education (medscape.com)

Metacarpal Fracture and Dislocation: Practice Essentials, Epidemiology, Functional Anatomy (medscape.com)

Wrist Fractures and Dislocations: Background, Epidemiology, Etiology (medscape.com)

Hand Dislocation: Background, Anatomy, Pathophysiology (medscape.com)

Elbow Dislocation Clinical Presentation: History, Physical Examination (medscape.com)

Acromioclavicular Joint Injury: Practice Essentials, Background, Anatomy (medscape.com)

Distal Radius Fracture (DRF) Imaging: Practice Essentials, Radiography, Computed Tomography (medscape.com)

Clavicle Fractures: Practice Essentials, Background, Anatomy (medscape.com)

Wrist Dislocation in Sports Medicine: Practice Essentials, Etiology, Epidemiology (medscape.com)

Scaphoid Injury: Practice Essentials, Pathophysiology, Epidemiology (medscape.com)

Scapholunate Torn Ligament | The Hand Society (assh.org)

TFCC Tear: Causes and Symptoms | The Hand Society (assh.org)

Have you heard of any of those?

Regardless of your feelings or experience level, FOOSH injuries are a very common mechanism of injury that results in numerous types of upper extremity injuries.

I'm positive I had one of these a couple of years back.  

I was watching games at my brother-in-law's house.  He'd built a new deck and had a TV outside on a nice evening.  I made the brilliant decision to walk off of the porch steps onto the deck in socks and slipped.  I broke the fall with my left hand.  It hurt for a couple of days, then either stopped or I got used to it. 

Now, I lift weights about 5x a week.  This means I grip a loaded bar with regularity.  I was worried that I'd have to back off for awhile.  Surprisingly, I was able to lift as normal at near max weights with no pain whatsoever.

Problem was, when I would attempt a movement that required me to apply pressure to a flat hand it hurt.  Bad.  I couldn't plank or do pushups without sharp pain.  Otherwise, my grip was great.  The pain went away altogether in 6 months or so.  No doctor, no significant disruption to anything, really.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Portnoy says he's suing the Bengals - samhain - 11-19-2023, 11:37 AM