Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portnoy says he's suing the Bengals
(11-19-2023, 11:37 AM)samhain Wrote: I'm positive I had one of these a couple of years back.  

I was watching games at my brother-in-law's house.  He'd built a new deck and had a TV outside on a nice evening.  I made the brilliant decision to walk off of the porch steps onto the deck in socks and slipped.  I broke the fall with my left hand.  It hurt for a couple of days, then either stopped or I got used to it. 

Now, I lift weights about 5x a week.  This means I grip a loaded bar with regularity.  I was worried that I'd have to back off for awhile.  Surprisingly, I was able to lift as normal at near max weights with no pain whatsoever.

Problem was, when I would attempt a movement that required me to apply pressure to a flat hand it hurt.  Bad.  I couldn't plank or do pushups without sharp pain.  Otherwise, my grip was great.  The pain went away altogether in 6 months or so.  No doctor, no significant disruption to anything, really.  

Reading your explanation here, I had something very similar. I remember my wrist would feel fine until I had to do a bicep curl or anything similar where I had to keep my hand flat. It hurt for quite some time, several months. Eventually it just went away. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Portnoy says he's suing the Bengals - KillerGoose - 11-19-2023, 02:34 PM