Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok.
(11-19-2023, 02:39 PM)tms Wrote: I'll almost never support a tank, certainly not in November. I'm glad it hasn't ruined the NFL the way it has other leagues (namely the NBA). And that's saying a lot coming from me because in many ways I'm more a draft fan than a football fan; I just love everything about it and I follow it year-round. But I also try to see the big picture: if two-thirds of the league started losing on purpose (as you could argue they should since they have no realistic chance at the SB), it would pillage the entertainment value of NFL football more broadly, maybe irrevokably.

I'm super excited for the draft. But it makes no difference to me whether we lose the next six games. We'll get an outstanding draft slot regardless- one certainly a lot higher than we deserve.

Im not suggesting any team tank, I'm saying things could be better if we lose the rest of the games.  And draft slots can be crucial, the difference in Garrett Wilson or Kadarius Toney.  Of course we take John Ross instead of Mahomes, so who knows....

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok. - casear2727 - 11-19-2023, 04:38 PM