Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-19-2023, 01:06 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Lol, so Joe Mixon is secretly amazing but has been held back for the last 5 years and his rookie year too... but Dalton was one of the worst deep throw QBs in the league?

That's an interesting alternate reality.

[Image: DGQrwqAV0AAm2p9?format=jpg&name=medium]

[Image: FqtoB7PXoAEdSmT?format=png&name=900x900]

Was Dalton always amazing at the deep ball? No. But one of the worst in the league is just nonsense to say, that he somehow kept us from knowing what AJ Green could have been. He was a 7x Pro Bowler, 2x 2nd Team All-Pro. A great-but-not-elite WR who could make spectacular catches but would drop a fair number of really easy ones, and struggled against physical press coverage.

Meanwhile Mixon has been subpar or bad in 6 of his 7 years and his yards after contact keeps dwindling even though his yards before contact have increased every year he's played for Taylor.

In 2018 Mixon averaged 2.7 yards before contact and 2.3 yards after contact.
In 2023 Mixon is averaging 2.5 yards before contact and 1.4 yards after contact.

Mixon's problems are the same they have been. He lacks good vision, lacks good balance, doesn't have that final breakaway gear to hit a homerun or get the outside edge, and way too much of the time he runs with the physicality of someone 30 pounds lighter

Well I understand statistically you have to start somewhere but I don't consider a throw of +21 air yards a "Deep throw". But I did always wonder when an announcer would say we were very good at "deep throws " now I know 21 yards or more. Is Dalton a bad QB? No. But he was not good at legitimately deep throws and if he was I think would've put green in that elite category you spoke of. 

My point on Mixon is whether or not 2018 was an anomaly or what happens if you make the run game a point of emphasis with him? I think its impossible to say because the run game has almost never been a point of emphasis with Zac. The 2nd half of 2019 maybe and guess what Mixon was the #2 back in the league. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - NUGDUKWE - 11-19-2023, 07:42 PM