Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok.
(11-19-2023, 02:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think we are forgetting a major issue ahead is Bengals and Cincinnati negotiations for Bengals to stay here.  5-12 will hurt those negotiations and the fan base as a whole, besides just breeding a bad culture of losing... the NFL  draft is deep enough and good enough regardless where we draft to improve your team, it is less about where you draft but how you draft that normally is the deciding factor of being a championship team, if that was not the case how can we explain the Bengals of the 90s , Browns of 2000s etc...

So true. Btw, how many of our best picks weren't even 1st rounders?

Chad Johnson
Rudi Johnson
TJ Houshmandzadeh
Andy Dalton
Geno Atkins
Carlos Dunlap
Tee Higgins
Jessie Bates
Gio Bernard
Marvin Jones
Etc

How many years did the Steelers stay at or near the top of the division while drafting in the 20's? We just need to nail our picks.

(11-19-2023, 02:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I get the value of a high pick, seeing as we needed almost every unlucky bounce we got to land Burrow in the first place.  But with that being said, if we  go 1-6 or 0-7 we have to admit the New Dey stuff may just all about Burrow.  It's not ZT, it's not about MB stepping back, it's not about MB's great great great great grandkids taking over the social media pages and so on and so forth.

So far the ZT era has had two speeds:

1. Burrow is out there and we are the best we've ever been
2. Burrow isn't out there and it's the 90s

We really haven't seen much of Zac minus Burrow since the team's been rebuilt, and it's not like we are stepping down from Burrow to average. We're stepping down from Burrow to Akili Smith. So I'd expect a 90's style performance. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok. - Shake n Blake - 11-19-2023, 11:33 PM