Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok.
(11-19-2023, 11:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is an excellent point, Shake, but it speaks badly of the entire organization.  Why can’t the defense still play at a high level with Joe Burrow out for the year?  Other teams can retool an offense to account for an injured starting quarterback so why can’t Cincinnati?  Didn’t Nick Foles win a Super Bowl with the Eagles as a backup?

I think the defense will be fine. I just won't expect them to hold opposing offenses as much as we're used to when the offense is constantly 3 and out. That's an unrealistic and unfair expectation.

Imo, our only real problem is that we never invested in backup QB. Not that Joe Cool is turning into Glass Joe, but he hasn't proven to be the most durable guy, thus far.

I don't think we can get by with the typical Jordan Palmer, Bruce Gradkowski, Ryan Finley type of backup.

Nick Foles had prior starting experience and even led the league in passer rating in 2013. That's not Jake Browning.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok. - Shake n Blake - 11-20-2023, 01:35 AM