Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok.
(11-19-2023, 06:59 PM)Synric Wrote: I wouldn't go far as to saying they need to tank but I would like to see some Charlie Jones in the slot, Murphy and Ossai since Hendrickson and Hubbard are beat up, let Battle get those post safety reps they have been giving to Nick Scott, DJ Turners should take over as the starter.

I think this is closer to where I'm at.   I also am tempted by the benefits of a higher pick - a good 3T, Improved interior OL, better depth at OT (hopefully keeping Jonah), scary TE, a WR who is scary fast.

But most important we need to become a better, deeper team.  I love the way the Ravens and Steelers roll.  They never tank.  They are always working as hard as possible to improve their performance - not just their roster.  But they do the latter (especially the Ravens) by trading down, picking up more picks (usually focusing on OL or the defensive front 7) with strategic free agents (Roquan Smith).

They maximize their picks, but never stop playing as hard as possible and bringing forward the back of their roster.  The Ravens all but beat us in the first round of the playoff round last year without their marquis QB.  That's a deep team with a winning culture.

I think that has to be our primary goal.  Bring the new kids along in an organized way - and not doing that pre-season thing where they put in all the new players vying for the roster all at once.  But lets get Murphy and Battle more reps and see if they are going to pan out, and get a look at Ivey and see what he has.   And try some new wrinkles in the game plan.   See if Evans can play an entire game without messing up.

I'm not a tank guy.   Let's act like a playoff team that builds from within and makes strategic moves when they are available.  Good teams like SF, KC, , Philly, Baltimore and Pittsburgh do.

If we get high draft picks take full advantage
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok. - 3wt - 11-20-2023, 12:08 PM