Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you redesign the offense with our current players?
I’m tired of seeing burrow get killed.

We need a more balanced attack.

Last year our most effective formation by far was shotgun and we could only run out of shotgun because the defense didn’t see it coming. Anytime we went heavy it was obvious we were running it. This year defenses adjusted to our shotgun and we really never peaked as an offense.

I’m not convinced we have a Super Bowl caliber offensive coaching staff. I’m watching the game tonight and KC and Philly routinely blow out opponents with lesser offensive playmakers (than ours). The patriots used to do the same with lesser playmakers.

A well designed offense will do that. It’s important to be able to adjust your game plan to the defense you are playing. It’s important to develop a great offensive line. It’s important to game plan wide open players using creative play designs.

What separates great teams year after year is great coaching. Talent is important—especially at qb. But coaching (and qb play) is what sets the best teams apart from all the other talented teams out there.

We’re going to learn a lot about the quality of our offensive coaches in the next 7 weeks. If they can make the playoffs without burrow that could convince me that this staff can bring us a Super Bowl. If not, I’m really not convinced and will have to be convinced next year.

Next year we need a more balanced attack and a less predictable attack. Our divisional opponents know what to expect and it’s a big reason for our lack of success offensively the last year plus.

It’d be nice to be able to say we have a dominant coach to pair with burrow but I don’t think anyone can realistically say that. We don’t have a top 5 coach like the 9ers, Philly, or KC and I’m not sure Zac will develop into one. The last three years were our best opportunity to win it all and we weren’t good enough.It’ll take some innovation to get us where we need to be, and my hope is our coaches don’t hold us back from realizing the potential of the great players we have. If we can’t win a Super Bowl with burrow I don’t think I’ll be able to continue to support the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How would you redesign the offense with our current players? - Bengalstripes9 - 11-20-2023, 11:44 PM