Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I've Been Critical Of McCarron
So in numerous threads I have discussed many qualities in his game that I am not a fan. Gone over certain plays. Been very critical.

Sure, I'm being critical on a guy who's playing his 2nd ever game. But here's why I'm being extremely critical of him.

We have a small window right now.

This is the most talented team we've had since the Super Bow teams. Everyone is playing very well. We have players setting records. We were off to a 10-2 start with a healthy quarterback. But now we're 11-4 and have a chance to start our first playoff game with our backup quarterback.

After this year, we are losing players. Both to age and contracts expiring. We have 17 players that are going to be free agents.

Adam Jones. Leon Hall. Reggie Nelson. George Iloka. Marvin Jones. Mohamed Sanu. Andre Smith. Wallace Gilberry. Vinny Rey. Emmanuel Lamur.

That's numerous starters and key rotational players. 6 of those free agents are 30 or older.

We are very privileged as fans to go to the playoffs 5 years in a row. That's tough for ANY team to do.

We're almost spoiled as Bengals fans with the quarterback situation lately. We went from Palmer to Dalton. We went from new success to continuous success. We finally reached our potential.

That's why I'm critical on McCarron. People talk about the moments not being too big for him. He needs to prove it. He needs to do well in big time NFL situations. He lost his last SEC Championship game and the next bowl game. He lost to a very daunting defense in the Broncos and struggled against zone read.

"Oh he just needs experience". He has ONE game left to fully get that experience or else this will be like the 2005 season. One big WHAT IF situation. We need a playoff BYE week.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Why I've Been Critical Of McCarron - wolfkaosaun - 12-30-2015, 06:35 PM