Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jordan Battle to start the rest of the year
(11-21-2023, 10:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: Seems some of us are getting our wish as the Bengals look to move forward at safety with Battle. Scott got the 12th man on the field penalty against the Ravens and didn't play another snap.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/film-breakdown-what-does-jordan-battle-bring-bengals-defense

Great news. Have liked what I have seen from Jordan Battle as a rookie, has been much better than Nick Scott.

Nothing to lose, might as well get our young players a ton of snaps so they get that valuable experience.

Pretty wild how Battle actually has looked more polished as a tackler and more instinctual than Scott who had valuable experience.

(11-21-2023, 11:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: For those interested in knowing some stats/ratings on Battle:

61 run defense snaps
82 coverage snaps
24 combined tackles
1 missed tackle
113 passer rating allowed (PFR), 100 passer rating allowed (PFF)
11 Yards per completion (PFR), 9.6 YPC (PFF)
2 passes deflected
0 INTs
77.4 overall PFF rating (77.4 run defense, 63.3 pass rush, 70.5 coverage)

Overall, he's been good against the run, but he's not been good in coverage. With that said, I view Dax Hill having the skill set more of what a coverage safety has, whereas Battle has a more typical SS skill set. I would like to see him get better in coverage though, which will probably come over time.

Thanks Ochocincos. Not bad for a rookie, needs to improve in coverage but like you said, that comes with time.

I like that he is a sure tackler as a rookie, that is a damn good start.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jordan Battle to start the rest of the year - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-21-2023, 03:12 PM