Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Browning only has to be as good as Pickett
(11-21-2023, 10:38 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Exactly. What’s the point? So us fans feel good about watching games on Sunday this year? At this point, in the current Bengals life cycle, it’s SB appearance and win or bust. Time to play the rookies. Let’s see if Charlie jones can take over for Boyd next year? Does Murphy have any moves to garner pressure? Can Battle and Turner hold it down? Let’s get these answers before the off-season hits, and reload in the draft.

If we go in to the off-season losing Higgins and Boyd, and we don’t know what we have in Jones and AI, the bengals are doing themselves a huge disservice. SB dreams are gone, or at least pushed off until 2024.

I get the value of evaluation, but wouldn't that send a less than stellar message to veterans who may want to come here or stay here if we send their asses to the pine because Burrow is out?  Not to mention our inability to evaluate if Browning is actually a decent backup because he'll be throwing to a WR corps we didn't have Burrow throwing to.

Let's be honest, even if we get our rookies as much experience as possible, we're still 1 Burrow injury away from another meaningless year.  Then again, we are Bengals fans and we've seen a lot of years that we knew were meaningless after a few games, whether we still had our starting QB or not.  Hell, I remember going into 2019 with optimism because Jeff Driskel looked pretty good and ZT was an instant upgrade at HC and Dalton was coming back.  Damn, what a fool I was.

We can debate on how meaningful meaningless victories are for a franchise endlessly, I guess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browning only has to be as good as Pickett - Nately120 - 11-21-2023, 08:07 PM