Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The NFL is investigating why the Bengals did not list Joe Burrow on the injury report
I'm not a lawyer but I tried digging into what teams are obligated to report.  It is very gray.

Per the NFL's 2017 Personnel (Injury) Report Policy
"All players who have reportable injuries must be listed on the Practice Report, even if the player takes all the reps in practice, and even if the team is certain that he will play in the upcoming game...Other injuries may be reportable because of their effect upon the player’s performance despite his continuing availability to the club."

so then the question is what is "reportable".  As I mentioned in a previous post, it is week 11.  Every single players has bumps and bruises at this point in the season.

PFF defined "reportable" as:
"A reportable injury is considered any injury that causes a player to miss a game, prevents them from finishing a game, or prevents them from completing their normal practice workload."
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/what-is-nfl-injury-policy-rules-and-procedures-for-nfl-teams/

Burrow was a full participant in practice (completed normal practice workload), had not prior wrist injury reported in the season, warmed up just fine, and played 1.5 quarters with no signs of an issue.

It is entirely possible that Burrow hurt his wrist in practice and just gutted it out since he is tough and maybe didn't think much of it.  Then didn't tell anyone so there was nothing for the organization to report.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The NFL is investigating why the Bengals did not list Joe Burrow on the injury report - BleedNOrange - 11-22-2023, 11:01 AM