Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tanner Hudson Appreciation Post
(11-22-2023, 10:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: He only signed for $1.75 mill, so I'm not too worried about that part.
He's definitely the cheapest starting TE the Bengals have had on the roster since probably...Reggie Kelly?
Since Kelly, it's been Gresham, Eifert, Uzomah, Hurst, and now Smith.

My big thing is not forcing Smith to be the starter just because he makes the most $$ among the TEs. It's really not much more than Sample and Hudson.

I know this year is likely over with Burrow's injury, but it would have been nice to see the Bengals get Dalton Schultz last offseason for the same or even slightly more than the Texans paid (1-year, $6.25 mill). He would have been a much better rental.
Luckily, the Bengals have the opportunity this coming offseason to remedy that :)

It would be cool if we brought in Schultz in FA this year. 

(11-22-2023, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I am leaning toward something similar to this as well, only I'll go one step further and say TE in Rds 3-4...unless Bowers falls the Bengals in Rd 1.

For Rds 3-4, I am waiting to see how they move in comparison to other TEs at the Combine, but I am liking Cade Stover and Ben Sinnott a lot as mid-round options. Maybe Conyers too on Day 3.

I'm ok keeping Sample just for the role he plays, but I want Hudson back first and foremost along with a mid-round TE.

I like Stover and Sinnott in the mid rounds for sure. Not as big of a fan of Conyers but I wouldn't be against him in the 5th.

(11-22-2023, 02:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: they're gonna need trenches. None of the guys they have behind the main 4 starting d-linemen are looking like they're panning out. And on the o-line, you're gonna have to replace Jonah, maybe Volson, Karras is gonna be 31, and Cappa looks worse than last year

We need to add at least 1 OL in Free Agency, a RT ideally as I highly doubt we are able to keep Jonah around.

Draft a Center or LG early.

(11-22-2023, 03:34 PM)TJ528 Wrote: You must be reading my mind. 

If you can draft Cade Stover in Round 3 or 4, that'd be a STEAL of the draft. 

The kid catches anything thrown his way, and has the body of a TE.  

However, Hudson has shown to me he can play TE and deserves a spot on this roster going forward. 

Yes, Stover in the mid rounds would be great and we have to keep Hudson even if he is older like Ochocincos said.

A natural pass catching TE for us is rare, haven't really had one since Eifert. I liked Hurst a lot, but he looked a bit stiff at times.

Hudson looks more fluid in his route running to me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tanner Hudson Appreciation Post - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-22-2023, 06:00 PM