Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-23-2023, 04:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Best I recall, they ran from under center single digit amount of times during the first four weeks. There were no called QB draws....or checks into them for that matter. There were no rollouts, there was some pistol, etc. Yes, I watch them. If you can't tell there were adjustments made to try to protect the QB, then I don't know what to say....and I'm not being rude. Sure, I know, Joe loves empty sets and shotgun....but it was almost exclusively shotgun or pistol. 

Maybe you aren't one, but I've seen fire Zac and make Lou HC comments. It's not a fabricated narrative.

Well they went majority shotgun after the start in 2022. So them using shotgun I don't think was an adjustment they also didn't do any QB draws, rollouts or sneaks because they couldn't I don't think that's an adjustment. 
I really don't think this organization is gonna go outside of the bare minimum in most instances unfortunately so I don't really think we are gonna hire an OC. I'm also happy with what the team has accomplished the last few years. I just think we could be better with a more balanced attack and better situational football. We also have a fairly big sample size of Zac to question if he'll be able to accomplish those things. Plus we also need to factor in Burrows health. It has been an issue and we need to try and move forward in a way to try and protect him. Asking him to throw 30-40 times a game while asking him to run for a few 1st downs where he likes to take some nice hits doesn't feel like that will work out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - NUGDUKWE - 11-23-2023, 11:00 PM