Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How Do We Improve The Line? Will We Do It?
(11-24-2023, 11:58 AM)3wt Wrote: This.   KC was able to survive the loss of Tyreek Hill by reinforcing the interior of their OL (Thuney, Humphrey and Smith) with one high priced FA and two really good draft picks (a 2nd and 6th round picks).   I still believe losing Hill was a mistake, but their approach to strengthening the IOL has born fruit.  This is what has been missing for Burrow.  I applaud their strengthening their edges, and the efforts to strengthen the interior. but the focus needs to be the interior.  Give Burrow a solid interior pocket to step up into and he'll carve defenses up.

That needs to be the focus this year.  Whatever money we have needs to be reserved for Tee, Reader and Williams - players we know are good.

We need to do a better job drafting in the interior - and IDL next.

I'd love to find a top notch center.  I can't remember the last time they had one here.  It's screwed up that the best in recent memory is Richie Braham.  Braham was a fine player, but he was far from top 5 or possibly even 10 in the league.  Hell, Teddy Karras could legitimately be the best we've seen since.  Everyone else has been mediocre to flat out bad.  You'd think that due to sheer time and probability, they'd accidentally run into one once every 30 years or so.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Do We Improve The Line? Will We Do It? - samhain - 11-24-2023, 01:42 PM