Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving)
(11-24-2023, 03:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Not alot of issue there yea sometimes he will get to the spot before the LB and has trouble redirecting that 330lbs in space but he is still very good at climbing to the second level and blocking in space. He is asked to do it quite often in their zone stretch offense. I have Fuaga over Latham because he does have that scheme versatility you aren't going to draft Latham to cross the face of the 4i or 3T as the backside cutoff block in a zone stretch but Fuaga can do both. In pass protection Fuaga's biggest issue is sometime he will over set against speed rushers that have have out wide in the 9t which will give up his inside shoulder. Latham you are forever worried about his technique not being perfect enough to make up for his foot speed. Can he combo inside then quick kick out to pick up a blitzer consistently?

Oh another team to add to the list of potential is the Commanders. If only 2 QBs go in the top 10 then 3 tackles definitely will.

Fuaga is terribly inconsistent at this.  His Utah tape was especially ugly in this regard to me.  He seems out of control a lot of the time.  He did look better in this regard against Washington State, to be fair.  He does well on reach blocks, but second level blocking, especially when climbing after making an initial block at the point of attack is an adventure.

To me, Latham is much better at second level blocking, especially climbing after making the initial block.  His LSU tape was really good in this regard.  I never saw him struggling him to make reach blocks.  One thing I love about his run blocking is his ability to create holes by turning the defender to the outside.  

As far as pass pro goes, they're both college RT's and pass pro isn't going to be a strength for either in the pros, at least early in their careers.  If you're looking for a rookie starter, Latham has faced more NFL caliber pass rushers.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving) - Synric - 11-23-2023, 01:37 PM
RE: Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving) - 3wt - 11-24-2023, 12:25 PM
RE: Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving) - Whatever - 11-24-2023, 08:44 PM
RE: Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving) - 3wt - 11-24-2023, 12:26 PM