Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving)
(11-24-2023, 08:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: Fuaga is terribly inconsistent at this.  His Utah tape was especially ugly in this regard to me.  He seems out of control a lot of the time.  He did look better in this regard against Washington State, to be fair.  He does well on reach blocks, but second level blocking, especially when climbing after making an initial block at the point of attack is an adventure.

To me, Latham is much better at second level blocking, especially climbing after making the initial block.  His LSU tape was really good in this regard.  I never saw him struggling him to make reach blocks.  One thing I love about his run blocking is his ability to create holes by turning the defender to the outside.  

As far as pass pro goes, they're both college RT's and pass pro isn't going to be a strength for either in the pros, at least early in their careers.  If you're looking for a rookie starter, Latham has faced more NFL caliber pass rushers.  

I would argue harder that Fuaga had as many pancakes at the second level in this Utah game as miss second level blocks not including a great combo and climb on their first TD and really nice pull on a sweep but... Fuaga had a bad game last night against Oregon I just watched the live broadcast but he didnt sustain his blocks like he usually does, I think he pulled up on the WLB on a wide zone stretch play, and lost his balance in pass pro and got pancaked himself lol.

JPJ had a better game but he really wasnt tested the Ducks had an easier night with alot of short crossers going for big gains. He did get his pads high a couple times and put on skates once, missed a couple second level blocks and miss timed his hands on another and ended up bear hugging the linebacker. Big wide body with great anchor. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving) - Synric - 11-23-2023, 01:37 PM
RE: Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving) - 3wt - 11-24-2023, 12:25 PM
RE: Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving) - Synric - 11-25-2023, 09:44 AM
RE: Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving) - 3wt - 11-24-2023, 12:26 PM