Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I've Been Critical Of McCarron
I still can't figure out when McCarron made all of these great passes Monday night. I remember watching many wobbly passes. I remember watching the wide receivers bail him out on sideline throws by jumping, sliding, etc. The TD pass to Green wasn't a great throw. He was covered and made a great play on the ball. Had Harris actually turned his head, he probably picks that pass or knocks it away. I remember Gruden orally satisfying McCarron on a sideline throw that Marvin Jones made a circus catch on. I also remember McCarron throwing a dart on a RB swing pass that the back would've needed a rocket up his ass to catch.

I know that may seem critical of McCarron, but it's just truth. Dalton would've been torched for making the exact same throws.

McCarron is a young, inexperienced, backup QB that is playing like a young, inexperienced, backup QB. I agree that he has potential, but I haven't seen this world beater potential that makes me want to move on from Dalton like a lot of McCarron fans have. That's not being a fanboy or whatever dumb moniker anyone wants to give me. I'm not wearing blinders just because a QB not named Dalton is under center.

McCarron could end up being a good, starting QB one day. The jury's still out. Based off of what I have seen from him, he belongs on the bench when Dalton comes back. What do his 2 NCAA titles mean in the NFL? Not a damn thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I've Been Critical Of McCarron - muskiesfan - 12-30-2015, 09:00 PM