Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok.
(11-27-2023, 10:50 AM)Nepa Wrote: It seems that for some Bengals' fans, regular seasons are just a precursor for the draft, useful to set draft position and evaluate who was drafted. Perhaps it was an outcome of the three decades without a single playoff win, when posters would quip that the draft was the Bengals' Super Bowl.

To each their own in terms of what they enjoy about being a fan. If the draft is what brings them the most joy, so be it. For some, the most joy is their fantasy teams, to the point they are rooting for opposing players, even opposing defenses, to do well against the Bengals.

I myself would struggle watching the Bengals play and rooting for their opponents, either to improve draft position or for fantasy teams. I've watched years of all the focus being on the draft only for the posters to be disappointed with who was drafted, with the disappointment either on draft day or how they performed during the regular season.

But, to each their own. Sports is supposed to be entertainment and if the draft is what is most enjoyable, then so be it.

Don’t get me wrong, I was hoping the bengals would win yesterday. I really was holding out hope that browning would prove me wrong. It’s just not the case. Midway through the 4th, I decided it would be better use of my time taking my daughter to kings island. At this point in the season, a win is really meaningless. I am hoping to see development from our younger guys to see what we have. I’d love to see chase brown on the field, and decide if we have anything there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok. - Bengalbug - 11-27-2023, 10:53 AM