Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok.
(11-27-2023, 10:50 AM)Nepa Wrote: It seems that for some Bengals' fans, regular seasons are just a precursor for the draft, useful to set draft position and evaluate who was drafted. Perhaps it was an outcome of the three decades without a single playoff win, when posters would quip that the draft was the Bengals' Super Bowl.

To each their own in terms of what they enjoy about being a fan. If the draft is what brings them the most joy, so be it. For some, the most joy is their fantasy teams, to the point they are rooting for opposing players, even opposing defenses, to do well against the Bengals.

I myself would struggle watching the Bengals play and rooting for their opponents, either to improve draft position or for fantasy teams. I've watched years of all the focus being on the draft only for the posters to be disappointed with who was drafted, with the disappointment either on draft day or how they performed during the regular season.

But, to each their own. Sports is supposed to be entertainment and if the draft is what is most enjoyable, then so be it.

I can guarantee you that there wasn't a single fan rooting against the Bengals before Burrow got hurt. Things have changed now, securing the best pick we can is the best option for us in the long term. We need to be pragmatic here, I think we should play the young guys and see what we have, tank the rest of the season and secure a Top 10 Pick, since there's no way we're making a deep playoff run with Browning/Plitt/McCarron running the show. Don't forget we can remain competitive and still lose games.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok. - Bengalion - 11-27-2023, 11:06 AM