Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft position, who can we realistically draft at pick 7?
(11-27-2023, 01:26 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: If we lost out and stay at 5 wins, things could swing in our favor for draft position.

There are only 4 teams with less than 4 wins (patriots, panthers, bears, cardinals).

With Murray back with the cardinals they could win a few more, but who knows? I don’t expect us leapfrogging these 4 teams.

There are 6 four win teams above us in the draft order (jets, chargers, bucs, titans, giants, commanders).

Out of this group I think the commanders likely don’t win many more games after trading their best defensive players away. The giants also look bad and have a lot of injuries.

Otherwise the jets, chargers, titans, and bucs are talented teams and should pass below us in the draft order.

The packers, rams, saints, and raiders have 5 wins and are below us in the standings right now, but they are talented and should win more than us down the stretch.

I’m fully expecting us to drop from the 15 spot to pick 7, which would be great draft position to improve the team going into next year.

With our remaining schedule I really don’t see us with a chance to beat anyone except for the Steelers and maybe Indy. If we lose out I know it’s not great for morale, but I really think it will be best for the team long term as it will force the coaches and management to reflect, make changes, and improve the team.

Who do you think we can grab at pick 7? I’m hoping to see us grab an offensive lineman or defensive lineman.

Im tired of all the wide receiver picks. You can draft wideouts much lower with a high success rate. Lineman are harder to draft lower on the elite side. I’d be okay with an elite corner at 7 as well.

Historically, we've actually been much better drafting DL around the middle of the draft than WR.  Hubbard, Lawson, Atkins, and Peko were all quality starters drafted in the 3rd or 4th round. On the other end of the spectrum, we haven't drafted a WR that earned a starting spot or even a significant role on offense later than the 2nd round since 2012(the Sanu/Jones draft).  Yoshi and Chuck Sizzle may break that streak, however.

At #7, realistic targets would be...

Olumuyiwa Fashanu, T, Penn State
Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
Joe Alt, T, Notre Dame
Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

There's several edge rushers around that spot, but I didn't list them because of us already having a 1st round pick as a rotation player going into next year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Draft position, who can we realistically draft at pick 7? - Whatever - 11-27-2023, 11:12 AM