Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft position, who can we realistically draft at pick 7?
(11-28-2023, 11:14 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I feel like this draft will be offense first.

I doubt the Bengals go TE in Rd 1 unless Bowers makes it to them.

I think it will either be WR or OT, but it will depend on FA.

Would you rather - keep Higgins and draft an OT in Rd 1 knowing the history of Bengals drafting/developing OL, or keep Jonah and draft Odunze in Rd 1 knowing how well they have been able to draft WRs early?

It really depends on where the pick is.

Going off the Consensus Big Board, there's 3 T's in the Top 10(Fashanu, Alt, and Latham) and only 1 WR(Harrison, who we aren't getting unless he pulls a Jalen Carter).  If we're picking Top 10, T is the better target to maximize value.

Problem is, there's a huge gap from Latham at 10 to Fuaga at 24.  There's 4 WR's currently graded in the teens(Odunze, Nabers, Coleman, and Egbuka).  So, if we're picking in the teens, WR is the safer target.  

OL development is an unknown, because we have to assume we'll have a new OL coach next year.  I don't think we can fairly calculate that.

I'd prefer to let Jonah walk and be drafting high enough to get one of the Top 2 T's.  The lack of athleticism on the OL has been a topic of discussion and the only way you can improve that is by turning over the starters.  But if we land outside the Top 10, we are going to have to make a big reach for one and I think the focus has to shift.

Most likely, Jonah walks, Tee gets tagged, and they bring in a stopgap RT and just stick to the board, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Draft position, who can we realistically draft at pick 7? - Whatever - 11-28-2023, 12:28 PM