Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft position, who can we realistically draft at pick 7?
(11-28-2023, 12:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The last bold line probably is what happens, but that's so risky and not good for long-term growth.
We saw last year how the board fell and the Bengals ended up not taking a TE at all.
Now their TE room is terrible.

I'd like to think this is Pollack's last chance, but frankly who knows with this organization.

I don't have a problem with at least spraying some Flex-Seal on all the holes in FA to open up the draft board, personally.  While we didn't get a TE, it's starting to look like we hit on a lot of our picks.  

In that case, I think they will prioritize T and WR, anyways, as they are premium positions and expensive in FA, but they have flexibility in case a guy like Bowers falls to them or a QB drops and they get an offer they can't refuse.  

Missing the playoffs will mean there have to be scapegoats.  Pollack is logically top of the list.  They gave him a ton of draft picks that he failed to develop.  They gave him the benefit of the doubt and spent a ton on proven FA's.  The improvement has been marginal. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Draft position, who can we realistically draft at pick 7? - Whatever - 11-28-2023, 01:47 PM