Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft position, who can we realistically draft at pick 7?
(11-27-2023, 11:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: What mid-round WR have we hit on that's been as good as Hubbard?  Marvin Jones certainly isn't equivalent, not to mention you're considering Atkins the only real hit.  If you want to prioritize DL, that's one thing.  However, this myth that you can always get WR's and RB's later in the draft is just that, a myth.

Why would any team be modeling themselves after a club that has one playoff win since 2015?  The Ravens have a unanimous MVP at QB who's 1-3 as a starter in playoffs.  Why copy a team that's less successful than ours?

The second round is a great round to get receivers and backs. We've gotten some gems in that round. I'd prefer we stick to the second or later for those players and get premier (1st round) talent along the oline/dline and at corner. Of course there are prospects that are too good to pass on, and you absolutely have to draft best player available. I'm just stating what I would prefer to happen. 

Another Tee Higgins isn't going to solve our problems on offense or defense. With all our skill position talent, we still struggle to put up points against good teams. That tells me the issue that's holding us back lies somewhere else.

Didn't the Ravens win two Super Bowls in the last 23 years? If you can win a super bowl every 10 or so years after rebuilding between wins that's pretty good. They have a great shot this year in my opinion and it's only been 6 or 7 years since their last win (good turnaround on the rebuild).

For all the resources we've thrown at quarterbacks and receivers over the years we have nothing to show for it. Just look at the top offenses in the league, they all are able to impose their will in the running game and along the line of scrimmage. If we can't learn to do that we'll be stuck where we've been the last couple of years offensively--struggling in playoff games to put up points. I'm not saying our offense is bad. But look at our playoff numbers, we suck. If we can develop a balanced attack this offense is capable of leading the league, and we'll reduce the injury risk on Burrow too. 

IMO, the coaches have a great opportunity at the end of the year to develop the running game and defense. Take advantage of that opportunity and then utilize the draft to continue to bolster those areas and we can be a much better team next year--more balanced offensively and way tougher to stop.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Draft position, who can we realistically draft at pick 7? - Bengalstripes9 - 11-28-2023, 02:46 PM