Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You fans expect too much from these players
I cant believe I have to explain this to you.

I do not agree with Zac not giving the young guys any snaps. Oh but you are. Because well if he does that would mean tanking! You stated in order for them to get playing time someone would have to sit. You stated that. Then got bent out of shape when I decided said players would just have to sit then ]

There is a difference in getting players snaps, and benching a vet to play rookies that have yet to play.  You not understanding this is a terrible look on you.

Is Mixon not playing poorly? Awuzie? Irv? 

Chase has 2 rushing attempts.  He has NOT beat Mixon out. Does Ivey have any snaps on defense?  See Battle's rep count before he took Scott's role.   Again, your lack of basic football sense is concerning.

Your suggestion to bench players not playing poorly that will be free agents in 6 weeks is more than stupid. I'd argue you worrying about players feelings or whatever it is you are worried about who are not going to be on the team in 6 weeks is what is "stupid". How and what do their feelings have to do with 2024? This is the NFL, it's a cutthroat industry. Players know this. Nobody running these teams are as sensitive as you being about these players who aren't apart of the future on a 5-6 soon to be 5-12 team.

This has NOTHING to do with feelings for vets about to become free agents.  This is their livelihood.  An organization exists called the Players Association, backed by millions of dollars whose only reason for existence is to ensure the players are treated fairly.  This organization is VERY powerful.  Again your lack of knowledge is pitiable.

The fact that you dont know the difference in getting young players some snaps for experience vs absolute benching of starting veterans reveals a total lack of understanding. Maybe, you place too much on someone being a "starter". Irv surely appreciates that. 

Benching a player can have severe implications, contract wise and moving forward in their career.  A rookie TE we would like to see play does not exist on this roster, mentioning Irv makes zero sense, much like the rest of your mindless argument.

Your idea is only acceptable the last 2 games of the season, not in Week 13.  Why? "tanking" as you call it the last two games of the season looks even more guilty as the draft position is further set and that is when teams picking top 5 surely wouldn't want to win....

You seriously reveal your total lack of understanding the NFL with this comment.  Many times vets themselves are ok with sitting out at the very end as they have a whole season on tape.  Teams are absolutely out of playoff consideration in the last 2 weeks and playing younger players is much more acceptable.  How do you NOT know this?

The fact you need any of this explained to you is beyond words.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You fans expect too much from these players - casear2727 - 11-28-2023, 03:46 PM