Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Off-Season and Mock 2.0
Doing another one of these in my neverending attempts to return the franchise to the Dark Ages(j/k). Here goes...

Coaching Hires

Bill Bedenbaugh, OL Coach, Oklahoma-Bedenbaugh has been the OL coach at OU since '13, and the amount of high end OL talent he's put into the NFL during that time is pretty astounding. He's also a spread offense disciple who should mesh well with Taylor.

Mike Denbrock, OC, LSU-Denbrock was the OC for UC during their recent peak under Fickell in '21 before moving onto LSU and helping them have one of the best passing attacks in the nation.

Resign

DJ Reader(3 years, $48 mil)-Reader is one of the cornerstones of the defense. This really doesn't need explanation.

Drew Sample (2 years, $3 mil)-Good reserve/blocking TE.

Marcus Bailey (2 years, 2.5 mil)-Depth/ST's.

RFA/ERFA Tenders-Trenton Irwin, Jake Browning, Cal Adomitas, Mitchell Wilcox

UFA

Connor Williams, C, Miami(5 years, $68 mil)-Williams is a high quality C that also has experience at G. With a 9.15 RAS, he should help with the athletic limitations of the OL group and solidify the position for years. Karras slides to LG to put Volson on the bench, or possibly he winds up on the bench himself if further upgrades can be found in the draft.

George Fant, T, Houston(1 year, $5 mil)-I'm still hoping to address RT in the draft, but I'm not heading into it with Carman penciled in as the starter. Hopefully a solid depth piece, but a serviceable starter if needed.

Austin Ekeler, RB, LAC(3 years, $24 mil)-I'm not a fan of paying RB's, but Ekeler is a great receiving back and is great with power runs, as well. Just a tremendous scheme fit. Might put Mixon on the outs, as well.

Justin Madubuike, DT, Ravens(3 years, $55 mil)-In an effort to address the interior pass rush, I'm adding Madubuike. He has racked up a monster 10 sacks from the interior this year.

Mike Gesicki, TE, Patriots(1 year, $6 mil)-Gesicki has had a couple oof down years after a pair of back to back 700 yard seasons in Miami. He comes here on a one year prove it deal hoping to put up a big year and get paid next Off-Season.

After FA, I'm currently sitting at $79.5 estimated AAV and had $70 in cap space, but remember that structure can do a lot to squeeze those numbers down. On to the draft. I'll be using the NFL Mock Draft Database sim for this one, once again. Giving we'll have the 15th pick, WR is the most likely target of need in the 1st where there will be value. With Gesicki on a one year deal, Bowers isn't out of the question, either, and there's always hope a T falls(unlikely). Here goes...

#15=Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

#25=Amarius Mims, T, Georgia(Traded 2nd, 3rd, 2025 5th)

#112=Mar'Kese Irving, RB, Oregon

#150=Tate Ratledge, IOL, Georgia

#176=Beau Braden, S Maryland

#191=Johnny Dixon, CB, Penn State

#232=Jamari Thrash, WR, Louisville

#252=Tyreem Powell, LB, Rutgers

Nabers makes a lot of sense with us bringing in his college OC and the guy fits the same mood as other LSU standouts like Chase and Jefferson. He was also the 2nd highest rated player behind Verse at this point, so he was a decent value. As an exercise, I watched the rest of the 1st and pulled the trigger on the trade to get Mims after Fuaga went off the board. While extremely raw like his teammate Broderick Jones in last year's draft, this kid is physical freak. Beyond that, a lot of depth picks that I won't belabor too much.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Full Off-Season and Mock 2.0 - Whatever - 11-29-2023, 03:38 PM
RE: Full Off-Season and Mock 2.0 - Tomcat - 11-30-2023, 10:05 AM
RE: Full Off-Season and Mock 2.0 - Luvnit2 - 11-30-2023, 12:43 PM
RE: Full Off-Season and Mock 2.0 - Tomcat - 12-01-2023, 10:18 AM
RE: Full Off-Season and Mock 2.0 - Synric - 12-11-2023, 12:56 PM
RE: Full Off-Season and Mock 2.0 - Synric - 12-11-2023, 04:24 PM
RE: Full Off-Season and Mock 2.0 - Synric - 12-12-2023, 06:40 PM
RE: Full Off-Season and Mock 2.0 - Tomcat - 11-30-2023, 03:41 PM
RE: Full Off-Season and Mock 2.0 - Synric - 12-03-2023, 06:47 AM