Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-29-2023, 03:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: There's a 3rd type of fan. The type that eats, breathes, and lives football his entire life, goes to a HS State Championship Game and loses, only to go on and win an NCAA Championship and the Heisman. The type who not only plays on Sunday, but is mentioned with the best to ever play the game. Here's what that type has to say.....

Of course, this is where type 2 calls type 3 a liar..... Ninja

I like that Burrow said that, but at the same time I don't necessarily completely believe him lol

I do think Zac can still learn from his mistakes though and I don't think he has a big ego, if the play calling is the problem I hope 
that Zac has the humility to take one for the team and let the FO bring in a top Offensive mind along with a top OL coach to really
help Burrow and the Offense make that jump to where we all want them to be.

Execution I still think is the biggest problem with this Offense along with everyone not being on the same page more than play 
calling myself. If Browning hits the wide open Iosivas running across the field that is a great play call. Same as if the OL and the 
TE's are on the same page in blocking and Mixon actually hits the right holes and makes defenders miss tackles etc.

But putting players in positions to succeed has to be on the coach, putting Hudson or Irv Smith to block over Sample is a mistake.

Use Hudson as a pass catcher and Sample as a blocker and you are putting them where they thrive. Little things like this.

(11-29-2023, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would say emphatically yes.

The offensive playcalling, as it stands in its current form, is extremely dependent on upper-tier (if not elite) QB performance to execute it well.

You need a QB who is extremely accurate and can make some of the deep passes.
The offense runs a heavy majority in shotgun and the OL is not good enough to either open up good enough holes in the run game nor protect the QB for 5+ seconds.

If the QB isn't good, it's going to be a lot of very short passing and trying to run with a not-great OL/scheme, allowing the defense to stay closer to the LOS and sit on the short routes.

Taylor hasn't shown yet that he can adjust the style enough to scheme open receivers quickly and create gaps in the run game for RBs to be effective such that you don't have to depend so much on the QB being spectacular.

Taylor and Burrow need to sit down in the Offseason and go over what Burrow wants along with what would help Burrow and the
Offense out the most. Take some pressure off of Burrow by getting a running game and scheme it so we don't ONLY have to win 
with him always throwing the ball out of Shotgun. Most of us know that Burrow loves the Shotgun and the empty sets a ton, but so 
does every Defense in the league and it is predictable, makes the OL have to work harder and hurts the running game.

We will see what they do, I think they all will adjust to take this Offense to the next level.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-29-2023, 04:24 PM