Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(11-30-2023, 11:54 AM)TheFan Wrote: I don't think most coaches would make the playoffs with either of them. That's different than consistently coaching one of the worst offenses in the league without your star QB being healthy. Even when Burrow isn't at 100% they have shown they don't know how to scheme successfully to help him out. Our back up QBs sucking and Taylor being a below average play caller aren't mutually exclusive. 

It can also be argued Taylor is a big reason why we drafted Finley and have Browning in the first place. So I'm not going to excuse him for having crappy players in a position I'm sure he gets a lot of say in. There's no way they move up to draft Finely without that being someone Taylor wanted. 

Arguably Daltons worst year also came as his only year under Taylor. 2nd Worst completion percentage (rookie year was 1% worse), lowest TD%, almost more picks than TDs, worst record ever as a starter. Taylor was awful in Miami calling plays. Taylor was awful at UC calling plays. He's just not a good OC and that's okay. Not everyone is good at everything. I think he's a great HC and don't think the Bengals should get rid of him but he needs to do some self-reflection on what may be some components holding the offense back. If he did that evaluation honestly I think he'd see a lot of it point back to him and Brain Callahan. 

That is covered nicely in the article I linked. 

That said, it isn't one of the worst offenses in the league when Joe is playing. That's because it is catered to him and what he wants. The article does a great job of explaining that as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-30-2023, 12:45 PM