Poll: Would YOU Fire Zac and bring in Bill Belichick in 2024 ?
Fire Zac and bring in Bill Belichick for 2024 and beyond
Retain Zac as Head Coach for the 2024 Season
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rubber meets the Road - POLL (Bill Belichick or Zac)
(11-30-2023, 02:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is actually a tough question. Not because I think they are similar coaches, because they aren't. Belichick is obviously a superior coach with storied success and a HoF resume. That isn't up for debate. The thing that hangs me up is the impact it would have on the locker room. I think the biggest thing about Zac is he has these guys behind him 100%. The energy is great, players are happy and want to be here. Belichick is a much different type of coach and runs a very sterile environment. This is just what I have gathered over the past few years as ex-Pats players have been interviewed.

Would we have guys leave or request trades due to the firing of a coach they not only like, but believe in? If so, it can be argued that this team wouldn't be any more successful by the team Bill leaves. That's a lot of holes to fill. It would be a vastly different culture and I absolutely think it would receive a negative opinion by the players. Super Bowl appearance, conference champ appearances and a lost season due to injury ends up canning the guy? I just can't imagine it being received well.

To answer after I have typed this out, no, I don't think I would. This is something you could do in Madden but in real life I think it would have serious repercussions and backfire.

KillerGoose talked me out of the GOAT HC for heck sake lol  Hilarious

Belichick is getting up there and his Pats have looked terrible this year, Zac has a lot to work on but he is still very young for a HC.

We still can make the moves to get this team right back to the SB with Zac and his relationship with the players. Too much turnover 
with Belichick and we wouldn't know how long it would take. I want to win a SB next season in New Orleans with Trey and Sam still
on the team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rubber meets the Road - POLL (Bill Belichick or Zac) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-30-2023, 02:30 PM