Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals TE not as good as last 2 years.
I hope people don't think Joe Burrow is out there going #1 Chase #2 Tee #3 Boyd.. because he's not. Tight End is apart of the primary read alot that's why they target the position with regularity.

Hayden Hurst was the best TE in the offense so far. Poor blocker which showed up but he could win in man and zone and convert 1st downs physically with YAC. In a pass heavy 5 wide any person that catches balls and can make plays is important.

Right now I see a bunch of TEs on the roster that are mediocre are very few things a peice. Hudson can win against zone he's a smart receiver but in man coverage he gets pushed around by smaller DBs. Also adds zero blocking including check release or any chip releases (which is important). Drew Sample the "blocking" Tight End well he can block DEs with a backside or be the first side TE in a duo where he goes 1 on 1 with the DE. Sample can also run and pass block from thr RB/FB spot. What he's not good at doing blocking wise is climbing to linebackers and blocking in space on screens. He's also not really a receiver yes he has a couple passes off check releases where rhe linebacker has left him wide open in coverage. Irv Smith and Mitchell Wilcox are in thr same boat neither do anything well but they use them blocking for rhe screens and getting to the linebackers because they are better at it than Hudson and Sample.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals TE not as good as last 2 years. - Synric - 12-01-2023, 07:34 AM