Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD
(12-01-2023, 12:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Seriously, what are we doing? The fire Zach stuff makes our fanbase look incredibly dumb.

The guy has given us more playoff success the past two years than I have had in my ENTIRE lifetime. One Super Bowl appearance, two AFC Championship games, 5 playoff wins. Were we really expecting to go places this year with Browning as our QB? I mean the season is chalked up as a loss as soon as Burrow's ligament exploded. We aren't winning anything with him the same way the Colts weren't winning anything without Peyton Manning.

Is he perfect? No. But no head coach is. People bag on his offense (although they've been REALLY good when Joe is healthy) but...

his offense is a by product of what BURROW likes to do as a QB. It's THEIR offense. It's a collaboration between ZT, Callahan, and Burrow. It won't change unless Burrow want's it to change...and it actually works when Burrow is healthy.

I guess I just don't get why everyone is so emotional and wants to fire ZT all of the sudden. Sure there are some changes that the team needs to make (running the ball better, protecting Joe better, etc.) but firing a coach seems a bit extreme and emotional and weird to me.

Are people (myself included) being emotional? Sure. But I question the emotion going the other way. When people express a desire to bring in an OC or at a minimum have Callahan call the plays why do people get so upset by that and say they're calling for Taylor to be fired? I'm sure it has been said and I've missed it but all I have said or seen anyone say is have an OC call plays. I like Taylor as a coach. We've do all those great things but let's face it the defense has carried more of a load in the bulk of our success. Which is fine it's a team sport but the offense needs to take some steps forward. Mainly in the run game and we haven't seen it in 5 years with Taylor no matter who the QB is that is starting. People want to point to Mixon with his 2 ypc last game. Fine Mixon sucks why do we refuse to give any other RB on the roster a chance. Again I like Taylor but I think if we're being honest with ourselves if we were forced to pick something we didn't like we would all say the playcalling. So why not try and improve our team?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Au165 - 12-01-2023, 02:59 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Mer - 12-01-2023, 03:05 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - NUGDUKWE - 12-01-2023, 03:20 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 06:17 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 06:59 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jj22 - 12-01-2023, 04:13 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jj22 - 12-01-2023, 04:43 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - tms - 12-01-2023, 08:52 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 09:00 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - wanga - 12-02-2023, 07:54 PM