Poll: Would YOU Fire Zac and bring in Bill Belichick in 2024 ?
Fire Zac and bring in Bill Belichick for 2024 and beyond
Retain Zac as Head Coach for the 2024 Season
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rubber meets the Road - POLL (Bill Belichick or Zac)
(11-30-2023, 02:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is actually a tough question. Not because I think they are similar coaches, because they aren't. Belichick is obviously a superior coach with storied success and a HoF resume. That isn't up for debate. The thing that hangs me up is the impact it would have on the locker room. I think the biggest thing about Zac is he has these guys behind him 100%. The energy is great, players are happy and want to be here. Belichick is a much different type of coach and runs a very sterile environment. This is just what I have gathered over the past few years as ex-Pats players have been interviewed.

Would we have guys leave or request trades due to the firing of a coach they not only like, but believe in? If so, it can be argued that this team wouldn't be any more successful by the team Bill leaves. That's a lot of holes to fill. It would be a vastly different culture and I absolutely think it would receive a negative opinion by the players. Super Bowl appearance, conference champ appearances and a lost season due to injury ends up canning the guy? I just can't imagine it being received well.

To answer after I have typed this out, no, I don't think I would. This is something you could do in Madden but in real life I think it would have serious repercussions and backfire.

I think too much is made about players liking a coach. Players say whatever is good for their resume and ultimately, their money. This includes (with most players) always talking nice about your teammates or coaches, etc.

Uzomah was one of the biggest team players we've ever had and as soon as a team with a bigger bag came along, suddenly Zac and the boys didn't matter.

My point is that these guys will play for whoever. Marvin was always talked about like he was a player's coach, but nobody cared when he left.

All that said, this is a fantasy scenario that would never happen in a million years. Zac is locked in for several more years and Bill would want too much control. The best we can hope for is a new OL coach and Zac to finally revise his playbook for another go.

Hopefully he and Callahan can check their egos and do what needs done.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rubber meets the Road - POLL (Bill Belichick or Zac) - Shake n Blake - 12-02-2023, 05:11 AM