Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD
(12-01-2023, 07:35 PM)Bing Ghuls Wrote: How exactly were you able to see that they were "getting close to getting on the same page.  All I saw as our run game being stuffed.  Mixon had a total of 4 yards on his last 5 carries.

If Taylor had not abandoned the running game and ran Mixon another 20 times for 40 yards you would be crucifying him for that also.

Watching the film.

There were run plays where one OL did the right block and one did not. Or where Mixon missed the hole in front of him.

Hard to tell with the lack of running plays, but there were a couple. 

Bottom line, you just don't give up on the running game after 8 carries even if it is going for 2 yards a clip.

There are times when RB's go for 0 YPC for 5 plays and break one for 30 yards, happens all the time.

You stick with it to be unpredictable and let the OL settle in and do what they do best. When Karras and Cappa came here they 
were good run blockers. All our OL are supposed to be good run blockers, but if they cannot settle in and always play in Shotgun 
it is poor coaching and not what OL like or are good at. Put the best pass protecting OL in Shotgun all the time and see them 
struggle, it will happen.

Our coaches just do not put our players in positions to succeed and that is my biggest critique of them. Lou isn't bad like this, 
but the tackling really needs to improve on Defense.

(12-01-2023, 07:36 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Absolutely. And please, please, PLEASE use more than Mixon. After seeing T.Williams mess up a few assignments when Burrow was healthy, I get why they may not trust RBs not named Mixon, but with a focus on running the ball this  back end of a potentially lost season, they could simplify the offense for not only Jake, but their RB room as well. I'm ready to see if Williams, Evans, and Brown can run behind this line. If they can, that speaks to the ineffectiveness of Mixon. If they can't, then we'll know it's personnel / scheme and can make decisions on that going forward this off-season.

Damn rights, BTW it was Chris Evans who messed up on his assignments and Burrow got pissed off, not Trayveon. Need to see more
of all of our RB's unless Evans continue to cost us timeouts cause he doesn't know the play lol

I want to see Chase Brown on the field bad to know what we have in him. He was a great RB at Illinois. Always liked him. Like you said,
if they suck like Mixon does at times we will know that it is more on the OL and not as much on the RB's. If the backups look good, we 
might be better off than we think and only need to add a new OL coach and a couple OL, namely at RT and for depth or in case Volson
continues to blow.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Au165 - 12-01-2023, 02:59 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Mer - 12-01-2023, 03:05 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 06:17 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 06:59 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jj22 - 12-01-2023, 04:13 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jj22 - 12-01-2023, 04:43 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - tms - 12-01-2023, 08:52 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 09:00 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-02-2023, 02:38 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - wanga - 12-02-2023, 07:54 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - J24 - 12-03-2023, 11:46 PM