Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD
(12-01-2023, 04:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: More than just Browning.
Talking about since 2019 when he came in.
Every QB not named Burrow and also when Burrow was hobbled has resulted in poor offensive production.
It's only been when Burrow was completely healthy and on his game has the offense cooked.

The reason for the criticism is Taylor (or any offensive playcaller) should be able to morph the offense as injuries happen, poor performing positions, defense stopping one thing or another, etc.

If Sean McVay can have the Rams operating middle-of-the pack with a 5th round rookie WR (Nacua), Atwell, Higbee, an underperforming Kupp, and their cluster*** of mediocre-at-best RB stable, Taylor should be able to have the offense churning around the same with way better offensive weapons.
Or Shanahan being able to put just about any QB back there with those pass catchers and run game and be a Top 5 offense.

McVay and Shanahan are cream of the crop when it comes to offensive creativeness, I get that, but we should want an offensive playcaller who can be close to that. I don't see that creativity and adaptiveness in the playcalling for the Bengals.

LoL, but you left out Stafford as the QB. I guess he's a bum now? We discussed Shanahan and his offense taking a nose dive because Debo Samuel got hurt. That happened. This offense has produced with names like Trenton Irwin, Trent Taylor, Tanner Hudson, CJ Uzomah, etc when Higgins, Chase, and Boyd have missed time. In fact, it played pretty well without JaMarr Chase last year. The key is Joe Burrow. Always has been, always will be. Unless you guys want him out of his comfort zone and under center so he can hand the ball to a middling to below average RB.  Mellow

The more I read about this offense and its structure, the more I realize it's really Joe's show. The way he wants it. So either you dislike his ways and the coaches, or you like them. You can't mutually exclude the two.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Au165 - 12-01-2023, 02:59 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Mer - 12-01-2023, 03:05 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-02-2023, 07:21 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 06:17 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 06:59 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jj22 - 12-01-2023, 04:13 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jj22 - 12-01-2023, 04:43 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - tms - 12-01-2023, 08:52 PM