Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SI Article on Bengals Identity
(12-02-2023, 06:51 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: They do. If they run cover 2, that loosens up the box and sets up the run. That's exactly what was happening in Baltimore until losing Burrow changed everything. If they stack the box and blitz, they carve them up with the pass.  It's like no one can figure out why we start slow when Burrow is rusty every year. If you want more under center plays, trade Burrow. That's your option, according to the article and countless others that have pointed this out to you. They are absolutely scheming according to his strengths and what he likes. People say that's what they want.....they do it, and folks say they aren't, lmao. This article lays it out pretty clear....we are not going under center much with Joe Burrow at QB. Will people rip him a new one like they do the coaches for not doing it? I think we know the answer. 

I agree, and so does the article, we need some tweaks here and there. We also need better execution. We don't need to feed Mixon just because if it isn't working. This team would still be in contention if management had invested in an experienced ex starter as backup QB. They didn't, and maybe they shouldn't have due to contracts. This is what you're going to get....unless you spend the next 3-4 weeks installing a new system to cater to Jake Browning. By then it's too late anyway, so why bother? See if Browning can learn the system built for our 275 million dollar man well enough to maintain in the future. 

I'll give you the 9ers game and bills game where they were well prepared this year. Outside of that they haven’t been good enough. They were under center a lot in those games and played a more balanced game.

Burrow can play under center. The offense is capable of playing balanced and changing up strategies based on opponents. I haven’t brought anything up that is outside the realm of possibility. All I’m saying is passing every play is risky and predictable.

The bottom line is they need to be more consistent week to week, more balanced, more deceptive, and more dominant. They need to be winners.

You can blame injuries but one can also blame poor management of players that increases the odds of injury in 2/4 years we saw burrow get hurt in a predictable manner. You have to make your own luck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SI Article on Bengals Identity - Yogo - 12-01-2023, 03:13 PM
RE: SI Article on Bengals Identity - jason - 12-02-2023, 12:50 PM
RE: SI Article on Bengals Identity - Bengalstripes9 - 12-02-2023, 09:17 PM