Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SI Article on Bengals Identity
(12-03-2023, 12:36 PM)Bing Ghuls Wrote: When you look at the best offenses in the league they don't change their scheme every week.  Instead they do something well and force defenses to try and stop them.

Last year we threw the ball 63% of the time and Zac was a brilliant coach.  This year we throw it 65% of the time and he is clueless?  That just doesn't make sense to me.  We have even changed it up this year with Chase moving around a lot more and lining up in the slot.

Bottom line is results. Teams have adjusted. That’s what happens. You need to continually evolve your scheme or it becomes predictable. I’m not saying they aren’t evolving, because they have to be to some extent. But the results say they aren’t evolving their scheme enough.

There are so many games where the offense just disappears for multiple series at a time because they are too predictable. Our division opponents know us best and I’m looking at the ravens playoff game last year where we couldn’t do anything on offense. Predictability on offense is a death sentence.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SI Article on Bengals Identity - Yogo - 12-01-2023, 03:13 PM
RE: SI Article on Bengals Identity - jason - 12-02-2023, 12:50 PM
RE: SI Article on Bengals Identity - Bengalstripes9 - 12-03-2023, 09:09 PM