Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD
(12-03-2023, 11:50 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I’m not sure what to make of this comment but I do sense a lot of cognitive dissonance in your response. You are trying to argue my point that elite coaches are capable of making the playoffs with backup quarterbacks. But you are ignoring the evidence of two specific instances where backups were in for a large portion of the year for a team and they were still able to make the playoffs.

The chiefs situation I am remembering is when they had a backup come in for a few games when Mahomes was out and they kept winning. It was in the last couple years and I thought Heineke was who it was but I’m not going to waste time looking it up. I gave you two good examples as it is with the ravens and patriots.

Another example is the 9ers. They seem to win no matter who the qb is.

If you don’t think the remainder of the season is a good opportunity to evaluate Zac’s coaching ability then we can agree to disagree. I’d love to see him prove he’s an elite coach and make the playoffs this year without burrow.

It’s not a good comparison. Jake Browning has zero nfl experience except 1 game last week. The Bengals weren’t playing well. They were starting to. But if the OL wasn’t suspect then I’d agree they should win a few games. A lot obviously depends on how the OL plays the rest of the season. The 49ers that scoring offense is worse than ours in 21-22 in the regular season and post season? Full stop the 49ers have a better roster but yes Joe makes us on their level. So the teams are wired differently. Their OL and DL much better. And KC? Their OL and DL both higher ranked. So teams are all wired differently.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Au165 - 12-01-2023, 02:59 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Mer - 12-01-2023, 03:05 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 06:17 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 06:59 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jj22 - 12-01-2023, 04:13 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jj22 - 12-01-2023, 04:43 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - tms - 12-01-2023, 08:52 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 09:00 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Soonerpeace - 12-04-2023, 12:23 AM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - wanga - 12-02-2023, 07:54 PM