Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD
(12-04-2023, 12:00 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Quick which team’s offense scored more average points per game from 22-23 ? Cincy or SF? It’d be Cincy . In the playoffs 21-22 Who scored 23.28 points a game and who 20.0 a game? That’d also be Cincy not SF.

Pretty amazing that one team had Joe burrow and the other had garoppolo. Only 3 more points per game for burrow? Shannahan had kittle and deebo. Zac had Higgins, Chase, Boyd and Mixon.

This year San Fran has more weapons where I would say our skill positions are more of a push, with the bengals having the better qb. A fair comparison would be this years 9ers vs last years bengals (due to bengals injuries this year).

You can keep trying to poke holes in my argument but at least come straight out and say what you want to say. What main point do you disagree with and why? What is the argument you are trying to make? At least come out and say it.

My main points are:
the offense in too predictable (as evidenced by our performances in the playoffs and against the browns and ravens recently). As evidenced by the lack of separation of our receivers. Etc.

Because the offense is too predictable it makes things easier on the defense , harder on our players, and burrow takes more hits.

We can fix things by fixing the run/pass balance and developing an effective running game, calling plays at the right time/sequence to keep the defense off balance. A more balanced attack creates more space in the run and pass game. An off balance game makes you predictable. It’s like you’re standing straight up instead of with bent knees and a solid base. You’re easy to knock over. Or a better analogy is you are standing still vs on the run.

We are capable of being successful with a more balanced approach as evidenced by the 9ers game.

We’ve won with Taylor, but he’s also got a stacked roster and mvp caliber qb. I give him credit for building that roster. But, I’m not so sure he’s elite in terms of designing plays and game plans. I see elite OCs and head coaches that have done more with a lot less skill. Patriots, chiefs, etc. Zac is 0/3 on burrow’s Super Bowl window so far. And that’s what matters more than anything. He’ll have less skill in the future so he’s really going to have to prove he’s a coach that can elevate his players and not drag them down and prevent them from reaching their potential. I’m undecided right now and hope to see him prove himself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Au165 - 12-01-2023, 02:59 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Mer - 12-01-2023, 03:05 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 06:17 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 06:59 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jj22 - 12-01-2023, 04:13 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jj22 - 12-01-2023, 04:43 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - tms - 12-01-2023, 08:52 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 09:00 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Bengalstripes9 - 12-04-2023, 12:33 AM