Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD
(12-04-2023, 02:38 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I researched a lot of oline rankings this offseason and I kept seeing the 9ers as middle of the pack as far as evaluating the talent. We were ranked higher than them for talenton a lot of the lists. As far as the players we have I think we should be better than we are. You can blame pollack but part of it is designing plays that are likely to be successful. Shannahan is good at that and it makes the players better.

I think talent wise our oline personnel should be even with KC and the 9ers this year (on paper). We haven’t gotten the most out of our players and my argument is that we haven’t gotten the most out of burrow, Mixon, Chase, or Higgins in their time here.

To me that all falls back on the coaching. You can blame the oline coach if you want but in my opinion we would be an elite offense if we had a Shannahan or an Andy Reid or some type of elite OC/head coach.

When it’s difficult for your elite players to execute the play that is called consistently that falls back on coaching. We need to coach better, with more balance and deception.

Shannahan seems to get it done no matter what qb he has and it’s because of the play design primarily. When you add good players and coach them well you get 40 point games like we saw today.

Our blowouts are usually two touchdown wins, not 20-30 point wins like we’ve seen from the 9ers and dolphins this year.

Just a few notes
KC PFF final OL rankings 2022 #4
Cincy #28
SF #7 (#5 Pass) and the best in the entire league Trent Williams at LT. Give Jake Browning that not #28 then maybe he’s not so bad and your comments about SF would resonate. Of course their DL going into the season PFF had #2. So remember my comments that SF’s roster construction was different? Just trying to compare Joe’s weapons to determine how good we are doesn’t tell the whole story.

You said this…

We are capable of being successful with a more balanced approach as evidenced by the 9ers game.

We’ve won with Taylor, but he’s also got a stacked roster and mvp caliber qb.
____

Of course we’d be better with a more balanced offense but Zac doesn’t have a magic wand to get our OL elite like SF. I just get tired of the mantra Zac gets all the blame when things fail and no credit when they succeed. I realize some here don’t share that but there’s not enough of them.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Au165 - 12-01-2023, 02:59 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Mer - 12-01-2023, 03:05 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 06:17 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 06:59 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jj22 - 12-01-2023, 04:13 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jj22 - 12-01-2023, 04:43 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - tms - 12-01-2023, 08:52 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - jason - 12-01-2023, 09:00 PM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - Soonerpeace - 12-04-2023, 10:47 AM
RE: The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD - wanga - 12-02-2023, 07:54 PM