Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I've Been Critical Of McCarron
(12-30-2015, 11:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We have plenty of cap space available next year to sign all those guys if we want them back.  The window isn't closing.

Doesn't mean they'll sign back. Doesn't mean they'll continue to play at a high level.

(12-31-2015, 02:17 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: All you did was make excuses for the defense. They folded against a Denver offense that hadn't scored in the second half in three previous games.  Coming from halftime they gave up a TD drive so don't give me this altitude excuse BS.  

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler, Phillip Rivers, and Matthew Stafford...

All QBs that lost to Denver's number 1 defense.  Guess those guys are all quality backups as well.  

Just quit hating on this kid who just lost his first NFL game in his second start against a very loaded defense.  Not to mention just about every excuse you gave, the same can be said about McCarron.  They played in the same damn stadium.  Give it a ***** rest already.

Folded? They gave up 17 points in regulation. That's extremely hard to do against Denver, in Denver. Only ONE time has Denver been held to 17 points or fewer at home this season. One.

All those QBs lost to Denver, yes. But Denver also scored 17 points or more on all those teams too. 29 on Aaron Rodgers. 30 on Brady.

McCarron lost to the Steelers as well. McCarron did well for a backup QB. But didn't show up when the team needed him the most.

(12-31-2015, 02:51 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I couldn't care less about what type of coverage a defense was in or not in, the deep pass that AJ slowed up early on--if he's running the whole time--that's a TD. The contested catch down the middle that was broken up, if he gets his arms extended, it's a catch. All appearance aside, i'm not bashing AJ, just pointing out a fact.

A couple one-on-one broken tackles by a couple other players would have helped as well. 

If he keeps running that route he's on the other side of the field. He read the play differently than McCarron, even said so. Cover 2 safety, the safety was in the middle of the field but watches Green. If McCarron throws that to the corner of the end zone, it's a TD easy. It was miscommunication by both and they both read the defense differently.

The deep pass that was broken up should have been caught. I agree with that, absolutely.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I've Been Critical Of McCarron - wolfkaosaun - 12-31-2015, 11:36 AM