Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iran Fires Rockets Close To US Carrier
(12-30-2015, 01:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think I posted this, and maybe it was on the old board, but a friend that I grew up less than three blocks away has a brother who used to be a Blue Angels pilot, and now he's flying from an air craft carrier in the Middle East.

We were all in a group text and he starts sounding nervous and it's because Iran started firing rockets near the carrier, which apparently they warned ships in the area that they'd do it, but it just seems unnecessary:

I really don't care if they weren't targeting our carriers, the fact that they had the audacity to fire them that close should be seen as a hostile act, which I'm not saying we should go to war over it, but we at least need to take a stand.

My friend was freaking out, and one of my other friends responded with "let's give them more power by lifting sanctions," which he's 100% right, but I told him not to worry because they're just trying to look strong but they're not actually stupid enough to mess with us because we'd bomb that whole country into a wasteland.

The thing is, though, that I don't think Obama has the balls to take a stand and other countries or terrorists might see that as just showing our weakness.

It kind of worries me.

This is what they call a warning shot.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iran Fires Rockets Close To US Carrier - XenoMorph - 12-31-2015, 03:04 PM