Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a stupid automotive question
(06-10-2015, 12:36 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: You are so correct here. Whether they are the manufacturer's sponsored site, or an owner's forum, I have have saved myself thousands pf dollars over the years using them. Repair methods, quality parts sources (especially important for classics), specialty tool sources, and even reviews on the best classic insurance companies and restoration services (such as chrome plating) and on and on ..... 

Whether it's a classic car, or your daily driver, using these is a win for you!

(06-10-2015, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I spent a ton of time on Hondtech when I had a modified Integra.

The amount of info on those sights is ridiculous.  So many cars have specific little quirks that you never even know about until you get onto these message boards.  And a lot of guys on those boards are experts.  You just need to figure out which ones to trust.

Indeed gentlemen, and a lot of them are techs fred, like you say, just gotta figure out who is who.....

If you are even the least bit mechanically inclined, and have the tools, you can save some serious coin!  I can imagine they're a big help on the classics, but they are also a HUGE help on Euro cars, a Godsend.  Everyone is scared to work on them, and they have their quirks and specialty tools, but they are not as bad as they seem, once you get 'em cracked open.  In fact, they do some ingenious things I wish other manufacturers would take note of.  I saved THOUSANDS on my VWs.  Simple, cheap fixes would often call for ridiculous labor......but once you learn the little nuances, you can do it yourself for literally pennies on the dollar.

VWvortex has stickies of DIYs on every forum for just about every facet of every make for anything Volkswagen.....even the Bugatti Veyron....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ask a stupid automotive question - xxlt - 06-09-2015, 12:58 PM
RE: Ask a stupid automotive question - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-10-2015, 01:32 PM