Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jordan Battle's Coverage Technique
(12-05-2023, 05:50 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Are they rapidly improving? The texans threw for 356, Lamar threw for 256 (which is above his average), Pickett had his best passing day of this season, maybe his career last week, and 300 yards to the Jags...

The pass rush has an impact for sure, I've just seen too many examples of getting excited by young players and being overly confident in their improvement going into the next season (Ossai this past offseason). I'd be much more optimistic if we were actually seeing improvement from them this season. At a certain point, by the end of your 2nd or rookie season, you've played a lot of ball and the improvement of play from the end of rookie year to 2nd year isn't as drastic as many folks think. It just feels like it is because they play at that improved level for the entirety of their 2nd (or 3rd) season. 

I don't know that they are rapidly improving if your looking at the stat lines. But CTB is out and that should be noted. The corners haven't been the best in run support and Turner came charging in a couple times last night Battle has been flashing consistently. I'm really liking our defense but my expectations were a little lower this year than some others. Ossai is probably the biggest disappointment to me personally I was hyped for him this season. Another thing that I think people forget is Awuzie tore his ACL last year and sometimes players take a couple years to get completely back. He already was I thought just a good coverage guy he doesn't get alot of picks and he's not an overly great tackler.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jordan Battle's Coverage Technique - NUGDUKWE - 12-05-2023, 06:13 PM