Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Its becoming clear we knocked this last draft out of the park
(12-05-2023, 07:50 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I kinda agree with everything except the joe Mixon part,I love Mixon because he is a very reliable bell cow running back who continues to run hard even when the line in front of him don't perform, and I must mention this he's very safe with the football I never worry about if he'll fumble and that goes along way right now..

Among RBs this year, Joe Mixon is getting the 20th most yards before contact per rush and the 33rd most yards after contact per rush.

Last year he was 26th before contact and 34th after contact.

He's been below 32nd in yards after contact per carry two years in a row now. There's a limit to how hard of a runner you can be considered when you are consistently bad once contacted. The OL isn't excellent, but Mixon makes them look worse.

- - - - -

As for the OP, unless they're Ja'Marr Chase or Cedric Ogbuehi levels of obviously good or bad, I always think it's pointless to judge picks until at least 2 full years have passed. I'm sure there's plenty of threads in the depths of this board about how great the Bengals draft were mid-rookie-season. Think about how excited some people were for William Jackson, Nick Vigil, and Andrew Billings. plus the usual hype for late WRs like Cody Core.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Its becoming clear we knocked this last draft out of the park - TheLeonardLeap - 12-05-2023, 08:20 PM