Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Its becoming clear we knocked this last draft out of the park
(12-05-2023, 08:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Among RBs this year, Joe Mixon is getting the 20th most yards before contact per rush and the 33rd most yards after contact per rush.

Last year he was 26th before contact and 34th after contact.

He's been below 32nd in yards after contact per carry two years in a row now. There's a limit to how hard of a runner you can be considered when you are consistently bad once contacted. The OL isn't excellent, but Mixon makes them look worse.

- - - - -

As for the OP, unless they're Ja'Marr Chase or Cedric Ogbuehi levels of obviously good or bad, I always think it's pointless to judge picks until at least 2 full years have passed. I'm sure there's plenty of threads in the depths of this board about how great the Bengals draft were mid-rookie-season. Think about how excited some people were for William Jackson, Nick Vigil, and Andrew Billings. plus the usual hype for late WRs like Cody Core.

Agree on Mixon, we need a RB that breaks tackles and makes Defenders miss. Hope to see more of Chase Brown for this very reason.

On the last part, obviously I loved Billings, but an overall Draft with this many rookies contributing this much good play in their rookie 
year hasn't happened often. We usually don't play rookies much, especially in the Marv years besides Dalton and Green obviously.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Its becoming clear we knocked this last draft out of the park - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-05-2023, 08:30 PM