Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Ohio approves recreational marijuana
The state of Illinois passed legalization for recreational marijuana in May 2019, which was three months before I moved here. The first dispensaries opened in January, 2020. In the first couple of years, 25% tax rates were "built into" the price for edibles or whatever the consumer wanted to buy. Nowadays, they are charging taxes on the back end, too. Either way, the state must be making fat stacks off of it and Ohio will, too.

Mostly, I would take edibles to help me sleep or as an alternative to a couple of drinks to help me wind down. The dispensary has a slick website with lots of product ratings, which always helped me know which ones to buy. Soon, other markets opened up including one just a couple of blocks from my apartment. They had edibles in smaller packages for lower prices, but they did not have the ratings and feedback on them, and the guy in the store couldn't even tell me the percentages of THC in them.

Which turned out to be a bad thing because I ended up taking way more of a crystal clear gummy bear edible than I should have (the whole bear) and wound up in scary brain fog for a day. A friendly and helpful nurse on the "ask-a-nurse" line for my health insurance just said to ride it out, try to go to sleep or whatever. Overall, legalization is a good thing. Something few people mention is that widespread legalization will legitimize widespread cultivation of the wonder plant, hemp. It can be used in everything from biodegradable plastics to building materials, and the hemp plant needs little fertilizer or insecticide and can grow in all 50 states.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio approves recreational marijuana - WiregrassBenGal - 12-07-2023, 09:02 AM